tisdag 4 september 2007

Uppsala: Day Six

Uppsala: Day Six

We all had breakfast in the boys’ dorm again, because they’re still doing renovations in the kitchen. I’m not sure if I mentioned that we moved over to the boys’ dorm, but if I didn’t, well, here it is! Only for meals of course.

We had our usual routine, breakfast, own time with God, corporate prayer and sessions with Brad Hawkes and Sarah Steel. Of course, we had our usual fikka in between, but we all made a decision to lay off the food and avoid the pounds. I don’t know how they do it here in Sweden; they manage to stay so slim at the same time! I’m so afraid I’ll have to roll myself home at the end of 3 weeks!

Brad told us about the history of New Generations, and it was really interesting! It all started in Norway, from a student in the university (I can’t spell the name again!), and it triggered a movement across Europe. However, it was only when it came to Sweden that things started boiling! Sweden was to be the hub of Europe and the centre of revival. It’s just like how we hear about revivals in Singapore, China, Taiwan and all nations across Asia. It was so cool to hear about how God is working His way all around the world!

Sarah was talking to the international teamers about their stay in England for the year. Most of the teamers would be in England, but the rest would be in Scotland and Switzerland. It’s so amazing because they’re all so young, around 20 – 29 years of age, and they are all so independent, living out of their home towns for a whole year to spread revival! I think that’s just amazing.

After that, Brad talked to us about Nordic 07! Joanne, Charmaine and I will be USHERING at Nordic, so for the leaders who will be joining us in less than a week, do catch us then! Nordic 07 is going to be so awesome!

Dinner was really hilarious. Joanna and Sarah were using the oven to cook the potatoes, and because they left it there for so long, it started smoking when they took it out and the fire alarm was set off! It was so funny because the next time they wanted to take something out of the oven, Clara had to stand on a stool to fan the smoke away from the smoke detectors!

After our very interesting dinner, we gathered together for the highlight of the evening: testimony night! 6 of us shared our testimonies tonight, myself, Mathieu, Johannes, Joanne, Charmaine and Linn. I was the first to start, and my testimony felt so short compared to theirs! But the testimonies were amazing. Some of us shared stories about how God touched us since we were as young as 4 – 6 years old, and about our experiences with God, about when we turned away from God and He pulled us right back to Him, about how God is always there, even in the midst of our troubles. All of us were so blessed by the testimonies that were shared tonight. (P.S. Everyone came over to check out my tattoo after the sharing.)

We ended our day with our evening prayer, led by Tanya. Things are very much quieter here, it’s not like in Singapore, with all the enthuse, loud rock music, electric guitars and drums, but God’s presence is as strong as ever.

Pastors and the leaders will be coming over to Sweden really soon, we just can’t wait for our big reunion!

4 kommentarer:

Sara sa...

It's so interesting to read about your stay here in Sweden from your point-of-view...! It sure sounds like Sweden is very different from Singapore haha, and you are right we do looooove 'fika'!
Anyways..it's great to have you guys here! A real blessing.

hugs
Sara (swedish sara)

Lisa sa...

Haha I can finally see the photos!! I miss you guys so much already and Sweden looks like awesome fun!! (: Post up more photos yeah!! Haah and I love your posts Liane, but get Joanne, Charmaine and KS to blog tooo!! See you guys soon!
Love and blessings,
-Lisa

nadine sa...

No updates for 3 days! HAHA.
UPDATESSSSSSSSSS

YJ Loves HOGC! sa...

Hello ! I missed liane & my best beloved leader , Joanne ! I hope u all take care there & stay healthy ! I will missed u all ! :DD

Loves,
YiJing :DD
Zone F2!