lördag 8 september 2007

Uppsala: Day Ten

Today was AMAZING!

I know I say this about every single day, but today was AMAZING!

We came into the chapel for our usual morning prayer, but the presence of God was so strong that we all decided to continue praying and worshipping! It was a very personal moment for all of us; many of us were just being ministered to by the Holy Spirit. It’s so amazing, because there weren’t any loud drums or electric guitars; there wasn’t a worship team, only a piano, but there was the sweet, sweet presence of God and that’s all we needed. We started praying for each other, praying for the teams going to Singapore (that’s us!), Scotland, England, the main international team, and for Brad and Sarah. We were at it for so long, we totally skipped the afternoon session!







Prayer at the chapel



That was really the highlight of the week!

Thereafter, we went about our usual routines and sessions. We have been practicing doing group visits and Pastors’ visits over the past few days, so for today, we practiced calling Pastors! It was so funny, because Arash and Justin were acting as our Pastors and they can be really funny! It was not difficult to make the calls, but it sure was difficult to control our laughter! (Justin was voted the entertainer of the year by his youths. It was supposed to be a youth thing and he isn’t exactly part of the youth…)





Joanne and Arash preparing food!


During the evening, we went to Pastor Joakim’s house! Pastor Joakim’s house is BEAUTIFUL!!! I think I mentioned before that some parts were built in the 18th Century, around 1711!! How cool is that?! Pastor had invited us over for dinner, and all of us had a great time! We were chatting, laughing at what the teamers used to do when they all stayed at Pastor Joakim’s house, laughing at videos we took when we were eating the rotten fish, and then laughing at me because I can bend my fingers and legs backwards and put my legs behind my head! It was absolute fun!

After that, we came together for a short worship and prayer. Sister Maria led us in worship, and it was so good to come together as a team to pray for New Generation! This is truly part of the New Generation heritage, PRAYER!
Our last item of the day was a performance from yours truly. I had refused to bring my flutes over to the house, but AC (Anna-Carolina), one of the teamers, happily took it from my room and brought it over anyway!! That’s terrible. Joanne and I played Alleluia for Christ the Lord, and we worshipped together with Lord, You Are Always Here With Me, before ending it with the Pocahontas theme song, Colours of the Wind.

Me and KS!


KS and AC (Anna Carolina)



KS and Clara!!



By the time we reached home, we were so exhausted, but it was truly a day to remember. :)

1 kommentar:

Sara sa...

Oh, did you play for them?!
Liane, please promise me you'll play something for me before you go back to Singapore...? :)
hugs